Baby Roman has never napped well. He's 8 weeks old today and refuses to nap! Is it possible that he just doesn't require a nap... EVER? I'm so confused on how he can't need a nap. He doesn't sleep all night (he's far from that) so surely he's tired?! I'm tired, that's for sure. I've read EVERYTHING on how to have a better "sleeper" - they don't work! Do any of you have any suggestions? I'm open to trying whatever!
Aww, I feel for you - nothing's worse than getting no sleep - nothing!! You poor Mama:( Well I wish I had some fabulous advice..what I can tell you is what worked for us, which was feeding John RIGHT before bed in the day and nighttime..I think we used to give him 5 oz.? 30 minutes before. From what I've heard/read hunger is usually the main culprit..later on when he went to solids we'd give him protein right before bed. And then if he'd wake up we'd try to let him self-soothe for 10 to 15 minutes before we'd rock him. Oh and one other thing worked amazingly for us - swaddling him super tight. He was swaddled til almost a year! Hang there, friend..either way the sleeping does get better around 3 months.
ReplyDeleteI'm late to the game, but I have to second the swaddling. We'd wrap Evie so tight she couldn't move, but she loved it. I never gave her a bottle right before bed, I would just make sure she played so hard, she'd wear herself out. Never had to break her from the bedtime bottle. Now, the morning bottle was a whole other monster.
ReplyDeleteYou might try a bath too. Whatever you do, do it consistently ever night. Starting around 6pm Evie would get a bottle, we'd play the same game, I'd change her, lotion her up (she has the eczema), get a book, paci and blanket, we'd rock and then I would put her down while she was still awake.
Babies can't understand what you say, but they can understand repetition. If they know what to expect they'll be less fussy.