Wednesday, September 7, 2011

9/7/11

My precious baby boy is 2 months old today!  Where the heck did those two months even go?!  We've been home from Texas for 6 weeks now... it seems like we left there just last week.  I am so in LOVE with Roman!  He is the apple of my eye.  I try to cherish every moment with him, I feel so blessed to be able to stay at home and "raise" him.  I say try because sometimes the 1am feedings are exhausting the 4th or 5th or 6th night in a row... BUT I do snuggle him and enjoy it :)

What Roman's doing:


  • He eats every 3 1/2 to 4 hours - 6 ounces at each feeding. 
  • He loves his swing!
  • He's become a fan of his bouncy seat and will "chat" with the animals hanging from it. 
  • He's been smiling and coo-ing since 4 weeks - has giggled out loud once, as I was singing Jingle bells to him ;)
  • He enjoys tummy time but he rolls from belly to back so it's really hard to get in a good amount of tummy time, but we still do it several times a day. 
  • He usually goes to bed between 8:30 and 9:30 and is up at 1:00 or 1:30 for a feeding then again around 5:00 or 5:30.  He usually has a belly ache after the 5:00 feeding (we will be talking to the pediatrician about this tomorrow at his check up).  
  • He has tried 3 formulas - due to excessive gas and fussiness.  He is now on Gerber Good Start Gentle and has been on it since last Wednesday.  
  • He loves his daddy and immediately turns to his voice the second he hears him.  
  • He now recognizes he isn't being held when I put him down and he'll whine :) oops! 
  • He has gotten extremely good with his high pitched voice lately.  
  • He also does a little fake cry when he isn't really mad and it's pretty cute and entertaining!!  
  • He has slept in his crib numerous times but he isn't good with his pacifier yet or self-soothing so it's easier for me if he's in my room in his pack n play bassinet.  We don't co-sleep!   
  • He loves to be rocked, to be read to and to be sang to!!  He's SO alert!!!  
  • Still not good at napping...hopefully the pediatrician will have some suggestions for this too!!   
Roman, 

You mean the world to me!  I feel so lucky to be your momma!  You make me the happiest little Italian lady in the world!  I love your little personality, the way you look at me and smile at me.  The way sometimes only I can comfort you.  You have filled a void and brought sheer joy to me the past 2 months.  The moment I heard about you, I loved you.  You are the shining star I've reached for - you complete me!  I love you bull dog! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.