My big love bug is 10 weeks old today... I can't believe it! He's doing so much everyday! I love watching his milestones emerge. He has been cooing and smiling since he was 4 weeks old. He started babbling about 6 weeks and now he shrieks with excitement, it's really cute and funny!
We changed his formula 4 weeks ago per our pediatrician. In the hospital they put him on Similiac and he spit up all of what he ate at every feeding. I told them to give him Enfamil and he was on that until about 6 weeks old when I couldn't handle the fussing and gas. The pediatrician told me to put him on Gentlease by Enfamil - that stuff was awful to mix, smelled terrible and did nothing for him! After 10 days I switched him back to Enfamil and then they recommended Gerber Good Start Gentle. I held off on switching him because I wanted to give his little system a chance to even out and adjust. Finally, 4 weeks ago I decided to try it - IT'S AWESOME!!! He has way less gas and is way less fussy. He wasn't a fan of the taste of it at first but he's eating it fine. The only downfall is that it constipates him. Ugh... but we can fix constipation with good ol' Karo!
He has discovered his left hand. He makes it a tight fist and gets it really close to his face and stares at it. He discovered our TV very quickly upon arriving home. I keep it on OETA or NickJr most of the day - adult daytime TV is trash! He LOVES Jack's Big Music show on NickJr. He smiles, kicks, coo's and watches all 20 minutes of the episodes.
Yesterday he decided to take a two hour nap in the morning... I WAS SHOCKED AND WORRIED! He NEVER naps! I even called my husband to see if he thought he was getting sick! He napped again later that afternoon for an hour and a half and went to bed around 9pm and didn't wake up until 3:15am! Huge difference in sleep! And yes, I did take his temperature twice yesterday to check for a fever :). Today, he is on the same routine... took a bottle later than normal this morning and was ready for a nap... I'm a little nervous to brag or even type about napping with fear it may end! If this is his schedule, that's awesome! Some ME time is much needed... I can do laundry, make my bed, listen to Sermon's online, read and do my daily quiet time. You may be wondering why I won't nap... I've grown used to no naps!! Plus, I load up on coffee each morning to be able to conquer the day with a no-napping little guy :)
Roman is the light of life and love him more than anything!! I'm so thankful for the Lord's plan and the gift of adoption...and for incredible birth families that I love our relationship with!
Roman has grown to love his blankets... he loves to hold them and suck on them... He'll be a kid running around with a blankie - and I'm totally fine with that! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.