Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Update

My last post was a few weeks ago about a new (new to us) Agency that we felt God leading us to.  We mailed in our preliminary application and a check.  This basically held our spot for the orientation they were having.  The orientations are mandatory to work them.

After a much needed and super fun 4 days in NYC as a family, R and I went to stay with my parents for 4 days while Todd finished working in NYC.  He was supposed to be home at midnight on the 4th so we could attend the orientation... of course, his initial flight from NYC to Chicago was delayed due to a sensor switch on the plane going out.  So... he missed his connecting flight in Chicago to OKC.  And guess what?  It was THE LAST flight out that night.  He was STUCK in Chicago until the morning where he was booked on a flight to Memphis then OKC.  The soonest he could get into OKC was 10:15 and the orientation started at 9am and the Agency requires both of us to be there.  I go into straight panic mode.  He lands on time and has a friend pick him up and drive him 40 minutes to Edmond to join me in orientation.  He was 2 hours late!!  Thankfully the Agency understood and said I could come at 9am and he could come as soon as he could.

The fact that all of the flight mess happend and he was delayed in getting home clarified we are with the right Agency.  What do I mean by that?  I mean, when we (Christians) are coming in line out of obedience to Him, the devil begins to attack.  It's true.  We saw it happen in R's adoption and it is certainly happening now.  While it's irritating and frustrating I do find peace in knowing we are on His path.  The right path.

The orientation was INCREDIBLE.  We learned all about the Agency, their process and why they operate the way they do.  It ended in prayer.  The director prayed for all the families there and for all the children waiting on families.  It was unbelievably exciting to be a part of.  Since then (in 2 whole days) I put together, signed, wrote checks, gathered documents and mailed off our ENTIRE formal application, all supporting documents and everything they want from a couple to begin the process with them.  Most of you have no idea what is required in paperwork.  I admit, some of it makes me angry... like my dogs shot records, yep, they want a copy of my dogs shot records.  IF I were pregnant, no one would be asking me for those!  NO ONE! Anyway, I completed about a months worth of paperwork in 2 days.  I felt like I had to and I wanted to.  We are literally (as of today) all done with paperwork and waiting to hear from them on what next.  I expect within the next week to have another home study and be fulling listed and officially a waiting couple with them.

God is moving and working.  I think this is all going to happen really really quickly!  EEKK!!

Thanks for reading.

Please continue to pray for our journey.


4 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you guys!! (Your blog fell off my read list somehow so I've missed all this). I'm just sitting here with tears in my eyes catching up. You are an amazing momma and I just know there is a little baby just waiting for you guys. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely hear you on the enemy attacking when we're in line with God's will. It does seem like you're on the right road, and I'm SO excited for you guys!! Praying over this next part of your journey:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you found a great agency. Good luck with adoption #2! Thats so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just came across your blog! Praying for your journey!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.