We are still here. Hanging into the "waiting" realm of adoption. We are NOT listed with agency I blogged about in April. The one I thought was fabulous and meant for us... ya, not so much. I'm thankful we realized it after only $600 dollars vs a whole lot more money!! The realization of that Agency not being for us was an ugly one, they got crazy on us. I'm not willing to go into detail right now about it all but I can briefly sum it up.
They are a Christian Agency and advertise that in full force. They were the most judgmental group of Christians I think I've ever met. Sad, but very very true. Anyway, we cut our losses (with the advice of 3 social workers unrelated to the Agency) we decided it was best to walk away. I was very sad and angry at first. Before leaving on our Disney vacation I researched more Agencies and I found one. I intentionally mailed off our application the day before we left for California so I wouldn't sit around and wonder and obsess over them :) When we got home we had several things in the mail from them and they needed a few additional items I hadn't provided. I sent them what they wanted and received a call saying "Congrats" you are on our "To be matched" list! Meaning, our profile can be viewed and we can be chosen by a birth mom!! EXCITING!!!!
I'll update more this week about our first Disney Vacation and other things!
Oh wow! So glad you were able to sign up with the right agency too. CONGRATULATIONS on officially waiting to be matched!!!:)
ReplyDelete