My last post was about our new news... adopting again and how we sent money, our life story and our life books to an Agency. We are 100% home study approved and haven't heard a peep from the agency since sending in our life books, more than a month ago. I'm fine with that. I have zero patience but I do understand that this time around is very different and I need patience.
Something happend the past week that has completely thrown me off. An Agency I had contacted back in January contacted me. The lady and I played phone tag but I new she wanted to invite us to an orientation. When I contacted them for info in January I did just that, got some info added them to my list of who I had talked to and that was it. Never really thought about them again. So... after days (an entire week actually) of playing phone tag, (I'm on my way to the gym for an early work out because it was a bad morning and mama needed a few minutes to herself), my phone rings and its the same lady who's left me messages. She says she wanted to invite us to their Spring orientation happening in April. She gave me the date, the time, what to expect and told me in order to go to it I needed to fill out the application (pre-application) and send in some money ( a small amount considering the cost of adoption) in order to hold our spots for this orientation. I told her I would discuss it with Todd and get back with her. As I hung up the same (lies) and worries hit me... and I said to myself "sounds great, but we have an issue or two not every Agency will work with." (more about this later in this post) So I called Todd and spoke to him over his lunch and he says "Yep, we should go." Just like that. I told him my worries and fears and that I needed to speak some more with this lady before I pay money and sign up!
Our skeletons (but not really) Todd and I have both been through divorce. He's been through 2 and I've been through one. Not a big deal, really. If you want to get "religious" about it each divorce was for infidelity which is mentioned in the Bible as a reason for divorce. BUT... this is a Christian Agency and they can get a little awkward about divorce. Another problem with Christian Agency's is our age difference we are 9 years apart. We didn't date when I was 10 and he was 19 folks!! We meet in my 20's and he in his early 30's. Again... Agency get all bent out of shape over that. So... long story short, I email the lady and ask her if these are a problem with them working with us. As I fire off the email I begin praying for God's provision. For God to move mountains and to SHOW me this is where we are supposed to go and the direction He wants us in. I specifically prayed either all of these issues would be a problem and we'd move on or they'd not be an issue at all and we'd sign up and pay money. Hours later I receive an email... good to go. NONE of it a problem. Praise Jesus!!
I need to mention that the week the lady first started trying to reach me, I began really really really praying for God to move and give us direction and a path. That very morning on the way to the gym I was begging for God to show up and do or say something. And... He did. Because you know what? He cares. He loves us. He wants what's best for us. He wants us to grow in Him. He wants the glory. Rightfully so.
So as we mark this orientation on our calendars and prepare, Todd realizes he's got a very important business trip coming up the same week of the orientation. He figures out he can be home the day before and all will be good. But... my wheels start turning. This business trip is in New York City. I WANT TO GO, WHEN WILL I GET ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY TO GO?! So he says the only way would be to skip orientation and Roman and I come up for the weekend. I email the lady and ask if we can't make this orientation when the next will be... she replies with "In 6 months". Say what?! I want to BADLY got to New York City and I can't because lets face it this orientation is far more important. Long story short, I do get to go, the weekend before. Easter weekend will be spent in good ol' NYC!
To be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.