Wow... typing that my little man is 14 months is crazy to me!
I love love love this age! If I could stop time now, I would. I think I've said that about a few other ages and stages along the way too :)
Verbally this kid has it made! He says so much! And all the time!
Words: mama, dada, shoes, outside, cheese, ball, banana, Jack's (for jack's big music show), hi, bye bye, tree, baby, bitty bitty spider :) and my favorite word he says is Jesus!
Sign Language: more, please, milk, thank you and eat
He can tell us random sounds certain animals make, it's precious!
He knows what a sheep, duck, snake, owl, horse, car and train all make.
He can tell us that the tree is "outside", hat goes on your head, he knows where his hair, eye, mouth, toes (piggy's) and ears all are.
Do I think he's a diabolic genius?! Uh yes, in fact I do!! No, really it all boils down to reading and interacting. I started reading to him when he was less than a week and old and have never stopped. It's nothing for him to want to read 10 books in one sitting. He sits down, listens and interacts when we read to him. I love that he loves to read and will shove a book in my hand because he wants me to read it to him. I'm a bookworm and I want him to be one too :) I do think he is gifted in speech, not many 14 month olds are speaking words that he is. He's super special to me :)
He's had a bad bout of colds and viruses for 3 weeks now. We've all passed it around and back and forth. I think we are on the tail-end of it. Thank goodness! He also got a double ear infection from all the drainage.
Teething - oh my word, this kid goes all out with teething. When he was six months old he got his bottom 2 front teeth, at 9 months he got the top 4 front and beginning at 13 months he started getting ALL 4 MOLARS and the next 2 bottom teeth - 6 teeth coming in at once! No amount of tylenol, gel, teething tabs, motrin were of any help. I felt so bad for him! They have all broken through now so at least that's past for a bit!
He's gotten picky about eating (I thought I'd never say that!). He is picky suddenly with meat. He'll eat most fruits and veggies but meat has grossed him out! He loves prunes, cheese, yogurt, applesauce and the baby food packs he can suck the food out of. I still buy those weekly because he loves them and they're healthy and I buy all organic ones. Still won't drink juice, which I'm totally fine with! No baby really needs juice (sugar water) anyway! He loves water but he also loves milk!! I do limit the milk because he is always constipated.
Sleeping from 8pm to 7:30am nightly, unless he's sick or teething. We still rock him to bed, but lay him down awake. It's our time and we both love that time with him.
He loves music!! He "sings" along and loves it!
That's all for now :)
Signed,
One happy mama!
Wow, I am impressed! He's doing so much and has come so far. I'm especially amazed that he's talking a lot - that's wonderful and rare!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you're doing a terrific job, Mama, you should be very proud of yourself;)
Yay for Jack's Big Music Show! That's Eva's favorite. If I have a rough day at work we watch that so she'll sit and rock for 20 minutes. He's such a precious boy and I'm so happy I ran into you guys the other day!!
ReplyDeleteHi! I didn't know where else to respond to your comment on my blog. Yes, we adopted through BCS with our first and that is the plan for this time as well. I'd love to talk to you about it and answer any questions you have about it. You can contact me at ado_7 at yahoo dot com.
ReplyDelete