Monday, June 18, 2012

I'm really no good at keeping up my blog!

I was trying to be better, now that Roman is a little more independent than a newborn, about keeping my blog updated... clearly I've failed!

We've been busy lately... with random fun things!  In 3 weeks Superman will be 1 - ONE!!  What the heck?!  I can't believe I'm saying that (and typing it)!  It's true... momma's sad about it :(  There are a few things I'm ready for him to do, like walk - my back is breaking carrying him, I want him to say more things and be a little more self-entertaining at times but I DON'T WANT HIM TO GROW UP!  He's my baby... my precious, prayed for and longed-for baby.  Enough of that talk, I can't handle it. But I am planning a SUPER party, with a sno-cone stand and everything!!  The theme is airplanes, of cours ;)

Todd and I have done a few races lately - 2 mud runs to be exact. Both were 5k's with 12-15 obstacles spread throughout the run.  It's been SO MUCH FUN!!!  We are doing it with some friends which makes it even more fun!!  We are actually signed up for one in October that's a Zombie run.  Should be fun :)  And we are doing a race called Color Me Rad in July.  Roman's initials are RAD so we couldn't pass this one up, should be tons of fun!!!

We are church searching.  Trying to find a new church home is fun and exciting and scary.  We had/have been members of the same church since we were dating - 9 years now.  We served in youth ministry, basically full-time there.  Since Roman came along I've been praying and seeking for what God would have us do for a church home.  I've always had a feeling that once we had kids, our church wouldn't be the place we stay.  I'd be lying if I said all the drama that unfolded didn't play a part in scooting us on out and leaving us searching for where we belong and where we want to build our family.  Church is important to me, to us.  I want my family grounded in a church that is thriving, growing, serving and "feeding" us God's Word.  Going to church isn't an option, it's a must for us.  Please join me in praying for this journey as we search and commit to a church.

And... I'm praying, searching, hoping and trusting for when and how He plans to grow our family... please keep us in your prayers for this too :)

Just a few recent pictures... I'll update more pictures this week, I PROMISE!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.