Wednesday, November 2, 2011

November = National Adoption Awareness Month

November... what a GREAT month to reflect on adoption, pray for orphans, birth-families and adoptive families!  I am SO very thankful for adoption (and I pray in years to come my passion for adoption NEVER stops).  My family of 3 wouldn't be possible without adoption.  The selfless act that two young teenagers decided to make us parents to the most precious and cherished gift in the world is simply mind-boggling.
As I sit and watch my miracle lay in the floor and play on a play-mat, I'm reminded of those still awaiting families - those young, old, across seas and here in America.  I pray for families to be moved and have a heart for adoption.  I pray for those who are infertile to turn to adoption.  I pray for birth-moms searching for the perfect family for the precious little one.
I love that all adoption stories are completely different.  And I especially love that families are called to all different types of adoption.  Neither of those things make any adoption of less importance.
As you stop and pray today, please pray about adoption... pray for waiting children, open arms that are awaiting their miracle of adoption and the tough decision for birth-families.
ADOPTION ROCKS!!!

2 comments:

  1. Love your sweet message. Happy Adoption Awareness Month! Your little guy is so blessed to have you and your dh as his parents..what an amazing testimony you have to share with him someday:) I will definitely be saying prayers for adoptive children and parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To answer your question, yes! Yes, anyone can adopt from the agency in Florida. The agency is Heart of Adoptions. We used the Naples office. Daneille and Gabriella were amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.