Friday, January 21, 2011

Sharing it ALL...

The post... What it all boils down to... What's really about to go down... The Plan... HIS plan... REVEALED to us at the most unexpected time!  
I'm so excited to post this plan!!  Mainly, because there is now a plan but also because it closes a dark ugly door - the infertility door!  We've waited 43 months to have this door slammed closed and only be a part of our past, not our present or our future.

After crying, praying, hoping, believing and waiting for our own little miracle... we are SO excited to announce that we are ADOPTING!!!

I knew 2011 was going to be a great new start and I believed it was going to be a great year, but what I didn't know was that the Lord was going to turn our hearts to adoption.  This was more a shock to me than to my husband... not that God had a plan, or even that He revealed it, but that I was actually EXCITED and THRILLED to say that adoption is what He desires of us.  Hopefully, I won't offend anyone but I honestly thought that Todd would be first to come around to adoption, not me.  I expected it to be him saying, "maybe we should think about it".  But, it wasn't that way at all... I started the new year right by really seeking God through reading and praying.  I prayed a lot about His plan... (not knowing His plan)... I prayed that we would be obedient to WHATEVER He has for us... and guess what??  He spoke, I prayed, I told Todd, he prayed, He spoke some more and we are being obedient!  

We are going to be doing a domestic infant adoption and have chosen an agency in Oklahoma.  We are in the VERY beginning phase of this (as in, telling our family and friends) and haven't actually begun filling out the stack of papers awaiting our attention.  The agency seems to have a fairly quick placement time frame.  I am just beginning semester 4 of RN school and it's CRAZY hectic... the agency recommended filling out the papers and submitting them in early April (and we agree).  Once the application is submitted and accepted, we will be placed on the schedule for a home study.  I'm praying for "our" little miracle to be born in June or July :) After graduation and RN boards so that I can enjoy and focus on our baby and our family.

So, we are still a few months away from jumping feet first into a pile of paperwork and preparing!  We are fine with that... we need to somehow come up with a lot of money :)  I'll be posting my Etsy site up, a coffee website and a GREAT new website called Recycle Love - all of which will help us raise money for Baby D'Amico!   Stay tuned for that info!  

I'll post more in the days and weeks to come about some of the things He revealed to me and the two of us.  It's SO amazing and deserves a post of it's own!

love and hugs!
Amber

4 comments:

  1. I am so excited about the wonderful journey that God is taking you and Todd on. Only our Lord could lead you in this amazing adventure!! I am adopted and remember our youngest is, as well. I will continue to pray for you and started praying for your child, too.

    Cheryl M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The moment that I met you I knew that you would make a wonderful mom. I am so glad that God has revealed to you adoption. There is no doubt in my mind that you guys are going to get your miracle. Not only has God revealed to you what he is doing, but by your faithfulness he is going to use you guys to reach others through your testimony. What a story this little one will have to tell about his/her life! Congrats guys, I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy and excited for you guys. You are going to be such a fabulous mommy. Hurry up and get that Etsy site up, I'll be more than happy to support it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amber - I am so excited that God has led you down this path! If there is ever anything I can do to help in fundraising, etc. please let me know. God bless you both on this amazing new journey!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.